What’s a pictograph? A graph is a visible approach to show data. A pictograph is a particular sort of graph that makes use of photos or symbols to show data. The images or symbols in a pictograph often symbolize a couple of merchandise. The next is an instance of a pictograph:
The pictograph above has a title and a scale.
- The title of this pictograph is “Variety of circles drawn”
- The size that the pictograph is utilizing is that this: One circle represents 5 circles.
Allow us to say that the circles have been drawn by David, Peter, John, Brown, and Jennifer.
Having mentioned that we are able to make the next observations:
- David drew 15 circles since we’ve 3 circles and every circle represents 5 circles (5 instances 3 = 15).
- John drew 7.5 circles. How did we get 7.5?
- Jennifer drew 20 circles since we’ve 4 circles and every circle represents 5 circles (5 instances 4 = 20).
An train that may present you the best way to assemble a pictograph
Assemble a pictograph with the next desk
You possibly can comply with this guideline with the intention to assemble the pictograph.
- For this pictograph, we are able to draw faces to symbolize the drivers.
- We will nonetheless use the identical title “Variety of taxi drivers in 5 cities”
- Since we’re actually coping with very large numbers right here, we are able to simply use 1 face to symbolize 5 taxi drivers.
Suppose for example, you have been coping with very large numbers resembling lots of of drivers in a metropolis, you possibly can have used 1 face to symbolize 100 drivers.
Right here is the pictograph.