Phrase issues on division for fourth grade college students are solved right here step-by-step.
Take into account the next examples on phrase issues involving division:
1. $5,876 are distributed equally amongst 26 males. How a lot cash will every individual get?
Cash obtained by 26 males = 5876 So, cash obtained by one man = 5876 ÷ 26
Every man will get $226.
2. If 9975 kg of wheat is packed in 95 luggage, how a lot wheat will every bag include?
Since 95 luggage include wheat 9975 kg
Due to this fact, 1 bag incorporates wheat (9975 ÷ 95) kg
= 105 kg
Every bag incorporates wheat = 105 kg
In an issue sum involving division, we now have to watch out about utilizing the rest.
individuals have been invited to a banquet. The caterer is arranging tables.
Every desk can seat 12 individuals. What number of tables are wanted?
To reply this query, we have to divide 89 by 12
89 ÷ 12
Quotient – 7
The rest – 5
If the caterer arranges 7 tables, then 5 individuals may have no place to take a seat.
So he wants to rearrange 7 + 1 = 8 tables.
4. What number of hours are there in 1200 minutes?
We all know that there are 60 minutes in 1 hour.Divide the variety of minutes by the variety of minutes in 1 hour. We get, divide 1200 by 601200 ÷ 60 = 20
So there are 20 hours in 1200 minutes.
Reply: 20 hours.
5. A bus can maintain 108 passengers. If there are 12 rows of seats on the bus, what number of seats are in every row?
Complete variety of passengers = 108
There are 12 rows of seats on the bus.
To search out what number of seats are there in every row, divide the overall variety of passengers by the variety of rows of seats on the bus.
We get, divide 108 by 12
108 ÷ 12 = 9
Due to this fact, there are 9 seats in every row.
Reply: 9 seats.
6. Tom had 63 apples. He divides all apples evenly amongst 9 mates. What number of apples did Tom give to every of his mates?
Complete variety of apples = 63
There are 9 mates of seats on the bus.
To search out what number of apples Tom gave to every of his mates, divide the overall variety of apples by the variety of mates.
We get, divide 63 by 9
63 ÷ 9 = 7
Due to this fact, Tom provides 7 apples to every of his mates.
Reply: 7 Apples
7. Mark baked 195 cookies and divided them equally into 13 packs. What number of cookies did Mark put in every packet?
Complete variety of cookies = 195
There are 13 packs.
To search out what number of cookies did Mark put in every packet, divide the overall variety of cookies by the variety of packs.
We get, divide 195 by 13
195 ÷ 13 = 15
Due to this fact, Mark put 15 cookies in every pack.
Reply: 15 cookies.
Nancy wants 5 lemons to make a glass of orange juice. If Nancy has 250
oranges, what number of glasses of orange juice can she make?
Complete variety of oranges = 250
She wants 5 lemons to make a glass of orange juice.
discover what number of glasses of orange juice can Nancy make, divide the overall
variety of oranges by the variety of oranges wanted for every glass of
We get, divide 250 by 5
250 ÷ 5 = 50
Due to this fact, Nancy could make 50 glasses of orange juice.
Reply: 50 glasses of orange juice.
10. In your lessons you counted 120 arms. What number of college students had been on the class?
Complete variety of arms = 120
We have now 2 arms.
To search out what number of college students had been on the class, divide the overall variety of arms by the variety of arms we now have.
We get, divide 120 by 2
220 ÷ 2 = 60
Due to this fact, there have been 60 college students on the class.
Reply: 60 college students.
11. The overall prepare fare for 20 individuals is 7540 rupees. What’s the fare for 1 individual.
The overall prepare fare = 7540 rupees
Variety of individuals = 20
Practice fare for 1 individual
= 7540 ÷ 20
These are the essential phrase issues on division.
Questions and Solutions on Phrase Issues on Division:
1. 92 luggage of cement could be
loaded in a truck. What number of such vehicles shall be wanted to load 2208 luggage?
Reply: 24 vehicles
2. The overall prepare fare for 11
individuals was $3850. What was the fare for one individual?