COABE is searching for activists and leaders to champion the reason for grownup schooling WIOA Title II packages. The State Advocates for Grownup Schooling Fellowship (SAAEF) is a hands-on advocacy coaching program for grownup educators, grownup learners, and pals of grownup schooling. Throughout the yearlong program, fellows will discover ways to work with the media, their communities, and policymakers to create change benefiting grownup learners and grownup teaching programs.
The Fellowship kicks off in March 2021 with distant orientation, advocacy coaching, and motion which is able to happen on the COABE 2021 nationwide convention. After receiving teaching and inspiration, fellows will converse instantly with Members of Congress, governors, and their workers. All through the remainder of the yr, fellows will obtain ongoing coaching through webinars and one-on-one teaching classes. They’ll hone their advocacy abilities, taking actions like writing letters to the editor and assembly with their legislators.
SAAEF fellows are passionate, dedicated, on a regular basis people that use their voices to affect political selections that can influence the sphere of grownup schooling in constructive methods. Fellows obtain coaching, help, and inspiration to turn out to be expert advocates to successfully advise coverage makers, guiding them towards selections that allow lawmakers, the media, and funders to make selections that help grownup schooling. SAAEF fellows understand the unbelievable energy they possess to make use of their voices to alter the world.
As an SAAEF Fellow you’ll:
- Obtain coaching and help over 12 months to turn out to be a strong advocate for grownup schooling.
- Write items that get printed within the media.
- Discover ways to affect your Member of Congress and governors on points particular to grownup schooling.
- Grow to be a talented organizer who mobilizes native packages to reply to “requires motion.”
- Work with the native ambassadors in your state to make sure grownup learners’ voices are heard at legislative conferences and lifted up by the media.
- Attend the COABE Convention in March 2021 and associated spring Capitol Hill Day.
- Lead your state in the course of the fall 2021 Household Literacy Week.
- Obtain a press launch and certificates of completion. COABE may also function a useful resource for future reference checks.
- When you’ve got a ardour for our discipline and want to educate the general public and elevate the sphere of grownup schooling, this place could also be for you!
$1,000 will likely be awarded upon completion of the one-year fellowship.
1/15-1/31: Fellowship purposes interval
2/1-2/15: Functions reviewed by Public Coverage Committee
3/1: Fellowship notification to cohort
3/18: COABE Convention Formal Fellowship Launch – Session 1
3/25: COABE Fellowship Launch – Session 2